‘Tis the season to come indoors and redecorate! Start planning now for fall entertaining and the winter holidays. Call on us to help!
Think Marble for a Marvelous Addition to Your Home
Marble adds a classic and elegant touch.
Marble is a natural material, created when the sedimentary rock has been subjected to great heat and pressure from the earth over many years, resulting in durable and beautiful stone. And marble has been used as a decorative and durable material almost since the beginning of civilization.
So many beautiful looks in marble are available – from the simplest, pure white to wildly colored patterns of blue, gold, green and more. Some choices even have a sparkle. Carrara marble from Italy is the most popular today, with its white background and greyish veins.
Marble is most often used in kitchens and baths, for flooring, countertops, showers and sometimes even walls. But there’s so much more you can use marble for. Think hearths and fireplace surrounds, table tops, small pieces of furniture and even small decorative pieces like cutting boards, Kleenex boxes, lamps, and coasters.
Add a touch of refinement and sophistication to your home this fall with marvelous marble!
Abstract Art – It’s an engaging element that starts a conversation
According to the famous Tate Gallery in London, abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of visual reality, but instead uses shapes, colors, forms, and gestural marks to achieve its effect.
Much of the artwork that’s being created today is abstract art, so it’s an easy element to add to your home. It can be fashioned from almost any medium, from watercolor to oil paint, sculpture to college, and more. It comes in almost any size and shape. Abstract art can be serene or edgy, colorful or monochromatic.
What’s fun about abstract art is that you can make up your own mind about what it shows. Even though the art doesn’t explicitly portray reality, often the brushstrokes or composition show movement, energy and emotion. Abstract art creates a feeling.
Add a piece of abstract art this fall. It will pull a room together beautifully and start a conversation.
- Add autumn accents and Halloween decorations to your home, with pumpkins, gourds, fall leaves, earth-toned wreaths and more.
- Display chrysanthemums and autumn-hued orchids to bring fall alive in your rooms.
- As the weather cools, treat your family to fall comfort foods like savory soups and stews, apple pie and hot chocolate.
- Start planning for holiday guests by adding a coat of paint in guest bedrooms and baths.
- Order translucent window coverings that let in more precious light as the days grow shorter. Silhouette® Window Shadings or Luminette® Privacy Sheers may be a perfect choice.
- Get ready for cooler, fall evenings with warm cashmere or wool throws set out on your couches.
- Have your fireplaces cleaned and inspected for winter enjoyment.