Kitchen Blinds, Shades, & Shutters
CONSIDER YOUR NEEDS
When selecting window treatments for a kitchen, consider the following:
– Is your window near a stove or sink? If yes, selecting heat and moisture resistant window coverings is a good idea.
– What are your needs for privacy, can your neighbors see in? If yes, consider shades that provide privacy but also let in natural light.
– What are your needs for temperature control? Does your kitchen get really warm or cold at certain times of the year? If yes, consider energy efficient cellular shades or shutters.
The best kitchen window coverings combine just the right amount of function and style.
HEAT AND MOISTURE RESISTANT BLINDS AND SHUTTERS
If you cook frequently and your stove is near a window, it’s best to select a window treatment that can stand up to heat and humidity and is easy to clean, such as:
– Modern Precious Metals® Aluminum Blinds
– EverWood® Alternative Wood Blinds
– Palm Beach™ Polysatin™ Shutters
These window treatments are made from materials that won’t warp, crack, fade, chip, peel or discolor – regardless of extreme heat or moisture. This also makes them a great choice for windows near a sink.
INSULATING HONEYCOMB SHADES
If your kitchen gets really warm or cold at certain times of the year, consider Duette® Honeycomb Shades. Their unique honeycomb construction adds a layer of insulation therefore preventing energy loss at the window.
If you live in an extreme climate, you might want to consider Duette Architella®Honeycomb Shades. These shades have a honeycomb-within-a-honeycomb construction for even more layers of fabric and insulating air pockets.
Duette shades come with Top-Down / Bottom-Up functionality, which means they can be opened from the bottom or from the top, allowing you to create the perfect balance of privacy and natural light.
Duette Honeycomb Shades add a layer of insulation to your windows
SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE WITH AUTOMATION
Many of our Hunter Douglas window treatments are available with PowerView®Motorization so your life can be easier. Using the intuitive PowerView App, you can automate your window treatments to move to the exact position you want throughout the day.
You can also operate your PowerView settings using the PowerView Pebble®Control or with voice commands.
Learn more about PowerView® Motorization >
Automate your Hunter Douglas shades with PowerView.
OPTIONS FOR EVERY STYLE
Another consideration, of course, is your kitchen’s style. From modern shades to classic shutters, we have window treatments to complement any décor.