THEN CHOOSE THE RIGHT ORGANIZATIONAL SYSTEMS
Setting up the right systems will make finding what you need easy:
- Desk accessories: Use simple desk accessories for everyday items like pens, paperclips or sticky notes.
- Drawers/cabinets: Store items used less often out of sight in cabinets or drawers.
- Vertical files: File paperwork vertically, rather than in piles, to avoid overlooking anything out of view.
- Calendar: Hang a calendar where you can visually track your deadlines — dry eraser boards work great!
- Shelving: Keep books, magazines or other reference materials on shelves; complement them with houseplants or other decorative accents.
- Command center: Designate a space for your printer, charging station or in/out boxes, and make this space the command center of your operations.
As a rule of thumb for your workspace, store like items together — common categories could include writing tools, paper/notepads, labels/files or mailing essentials. Knowing where to find what you need quickly can save valuable time and keep your mind on the task at hand.